The #BlackPride4 are scheduled to start trial this Monday, February 5th, 2018. We need to raise public awareness of their trial and their brutal arrests and we need YOUR help!
Here’s how you can help in the next critical week.
- Text seven friends information about the #BP4 and how they can support. See script in the event discussion or click here!
- Take a selfie using the hashtag #FreeTheBlackPride4, tag 7 friends, and share your message of why you support the #BP4. Feel free to post it in the facebook event too and/or tag BQIC so that we can share it!
- On Monday February 5th, community members will answer the call to rally for the #BlackPride4 when they most need us. This is the defining moment in not just their cases, but the rest of their lives.
- We will be holding a rally that day at 11:30 am at 375 South High Street, before trial proceedings begin that afternoon. Please join us there to show your support for the #BlackPride4!
- Afterwards, we will pack the courthouse and we will CONTINUE to pack the courthouse everyday of trial week. We must show our city that we will not sit idly by as Black queer and trans activists are brutalized by the state.
- *FORM NOW CLOSED* Here is a form for you to fill out availability if you are interested in sitting inside the courtroom during trial proceedings: https://tinyurl.com/y76r6ejo
Follow BQIC on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay updated on the #BlackPride4’s cases.